Welcome to St Francis de Sales. We are a bright modern church with lots going on.
The Parish of St Francis de Sales was inaugurated in November 1967 when Bishop Worlock invited the Servites to take charge of the newly formed parish of Wash Common. The Servite Fathers had been established in the Wash Common area of Newbury since 1948, but were in the process of closing their Priory at Enborne Lodge. The invitation was warmly accepted and two priests were assigned to the parish - Fr. Damian Kilbride (parish priest) and Fr. Thomas Robinson (assistant priest and chaplain to the American bases at Greenham and Welford).