In light of the advice from Bishop Philip, we are to act as if we are in “stage 2” of the advice given by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference.
- No Holy Water in the stoups.
- Communion is of one kind only and only in the hand (not mouth).
- Sign of peace to be ‘non-contact’.
- Those who are most vulnerable are advised to stay away from large parish gatherings and stay at home.
- Collection to be taken at the end of Mass, as you leave.
- The Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion will need to use sanitised gel before the distribution of communion.
- Hymn books will no longer be used at Mass.
To disrupt the spread of the virus:
Catch it - sneeze into a tissue, Bin it - bin the tissue, Kill it - wash your hands