Many considerations have needed to be made for reopening mass to the public, please help us keep everyone safe by following the instructions given.
Please note that you should only attend public mass if you have registered via the website (http://www.stfrancisdesales.org.uk/mass-live/register).
Please arrive early for mass to allow for the following considerations:
- Please follow the directions of the stewards at all times
- Please note the wearing of a face covering for the congregation is compulsory at all times. You will be asked to leave the church if you do not feel able to do so.
- Please do not move around the Church at all, save to go to communion. You must stay in your pew once there.
- If you have children who you feel may struggle to remain seated for the entire service, please make the choice for your child not to attend. We cannot have movement around the Church during Mass.
- Please note that we need to keep the doors open during mass so please wear appropriate clothing to keep warm.
Update for August 2021
Following guidance from the Catholic Bishops’ Conference we have examined and revised our arrangements which will apply from the week end of 2/3 rd October. The general principles for creating a safe environment in our church remain in place so that you can continue to feel confident and safe when attending Mass.
- Hand sanitation to continue to be used at entrance and exit to Church and Hall
- Face coverings/masks. It is strongly encouraged from a moral and respectful point of view, to continue wearing face masks during Public Worship. This indeed, is not a legal requirement, and several of our parishioners have exemptions from wearing masks.
- Cleaning to continue as at present
Social Distancing and Church Capacity
- Vigil Mass – to continue as at present with reduced capacity and with social distancing. (Capacity 65)
- Sunday Mass -
i) Transept to continue with reduced capacity and social distancing. (Capacity 16)
ii) Main Aisle and Hall to revert to normal spacing (Capacity 160)
iii) Simple card - ‘Please leave a space’ to be available at entry to be used if space is desired for social distancing.
Acts of Worship
- Congregational singing now permitted but phased in gently
- Registration and signing in to continue with the online booking system adapted to revised capacities.
- No longer needing a one way system
- Stewards to adapt to be welcomers
- Holy Water stoups to remain empty
- Holy Communion to continue to be offered as The Body of Christ by the Priest. It is planned for an Extraordinary Minister to help for the transept.
- Physical Sign of Peace remains suspended
- The offertory collection can be resumed with baskets at the exits.