Many considerations have needed to be made for reopening mass to the public, please help us keep everyone safe by following the instructions given.
Please note that you should only attend public mass if you have registered via the website (http://www.stfrancisdesales.org.uk/mass-live/register).
Please arrive early for mass to allow for the following considerations:
- Please follow the directions of the stewards at all times
- Please note the wearing of a face covering for the congregation is compulsory at all times. You will be asked to leave the church if you do not feel able to do so.
- Please do not move around the Church at all, save to go to communion. You must stay in your pew once there.
- If you have children who you feel may struggle to remain seated for the entire service, please make the choice for your child not to attend. We cannot have movement around the Church during Mass.
- Please note that we need to keep the doors open during mass so please wear appropriate clothing to keep warm.
- The Bishops of England and Wales have said there should be no congregational singing at Mass (although we are allowed to have a single cantor)
- And the spoken responses we make during mass should not be in a raised voice
- Communion will be given silently and in the hand only, and you should stand to receive the host.
- Please extend your arms fully so there is a good distance between you and Fr Zbigniew. Your hands should be palms upwards, one of top of the other, and should be extended as flatly as possible.
- Communion will be given at the very end of Mass and after Father’s blessing. Immediately after you receive communion you will be directed to leave the Church via the door from the transept into the porch.
- Communion will be distributed to the transept first; then to those in the main body of the Church.
- At the end of mass please wait until directed to leave by the stewards so that we can maintain social distancing.
- Please check that you have left nothing behind and please don't stay to chat, either in the church or in the car park
- If you would like to contribute to the Sunday collection then you can do this online or by Standing Order. There are collection baskets by the entrance and both exits if you prefer to give cash.